Re: [Nmh-workers] mhfixmsg suggestion

2013-08-11 11:25:36
Would it be very difficult for mhfixmsg to have an option
(maybe -reformat -reformat ?) to update the text/plain
version in a message? Constant Contact only updates the
text version of a newsletter when an administrator explicitly
does so by hand. Consequently I often see out of date
information unless I explicitly check the text/html part.

Alternatively, if there were a tool in nmh that could
strip out a part, I could have mhfixmsg build a new one.

So, we don't have a tool to really rewrite MIME messages; mhfixmsg is
it.  Maybe what would be appropriate is a new switch to mhfixmsg to
indicate a preferred MIME type when dealing with multipart/alternative?
I will note that dealing with multipart/alternative in the real world is
one of the more challenging things out there.