Re: [Nmh-workers] mhfixmsg suggestion

2013-08-11 17:04:23
On Sun, 11 Aug 2013 10:42:33 -0400, belg4mit(_at_)pthbb(_dot_)org said:
Would it be very difficult for mhfixmsg to have an option
(maybe -reformat -reformat ?) to update the text/plain
version in a message? Constant Contact only updates the
text version of a newsletter when an administrator explicitly
does so by hand. Consequently I often see out of date
information unless I explicitly check the text/html part.

It's bullshit like that that led Vern Schryver to state that the MIME
multipart/alternative was usually a crock.  Either the /text and /html are
semantically equal, in which case one is superfluous, or they're not, in
which case one is incorrect and shouldn't be sent.