Re: [Nmh-workers] mhfixmsg suggestion

2013-08-11 14:01:57
Hi David,

Or is there a more general solution that keeps things simple?

Completely off the top of my head, and having just got in after a touch
too much sun, how about "exploding" the email to a directory structure,
with details of encodings, etc., as part of the filenames.  I can then
delete parts, change the contents of some bits to be UTF-8 instead of
ISO-8859-1, keeping the filename in step, and so on.  Then I "implode"
it back into a single-file email.

Gives me the power of Unix in between the two stages instead of trying
to cram a lot into command-line switches.

Cheers, Ralph.