Re: [Nmh-workers] mojibake in UTF-8 encoded quoted-printable messages

2013-10-24 09:22:15
It's just as you said---I didn't run mhbuild. Having that run
automatically wouldn't be a bad idea. Is there a way to have that run
automatically in 1.5?

Yeah, if you put:

automimeproc: 1

in your mh_profile, that will do it.

That has some side effects; any line beginning with a '#' will be
interpreted as mhbuild directives; if, for example, you include C source
code in your email you will get errors from mhbuild.  That's part of what
I want to clean up.

If
you look at them without a pager, do they appear correct?

Do you mean without a pager in mhshow? How would I do that?

Well, I was thinking that you could use -nomoreproc, but it turns out
mhshow doesn't support all of the flags that show does.  Also something
to fix.  But I think "mhshow | cat" would work?  I was just thinking that
maybe your pager was the problem.

I think I found something related to the cause: I have this line in
my mhn.defaults:

 mhshow-show-text/html: %p/usr/bin/lynx -force_html -dump '%f' | less

When I remove that and run show on the message which has a text/plain
part, it displays correctly. I take it that what I have in mhn.defaults
is not/no longer a good thing to have? What are people using to display
HTML parts these days?

Well, I think Ralph has addressed that; it may be a problem with the
HTML.  But maybe lynx is getting it wrong?  Perhaps it's assuming
iso-8859-1 (or more likely windows-1252) and no charset is in the
HTML.