Re: [Nmh-workers] mojibake in UTF-8 encoded quoted-printable messages

2013-10-24 11:52:05
Thus spake Ralph Corderoy:
Hi Joel,

I find it gives the behaviour you describe if the HTML file contains a
charset declaration that's incorrect for the content of the HTML, e.g.
ISO-8859-1 when mhstore shows the glyph is UTF-8 encoded.  Lynx obeys
the charset in the file.  Might be worth searching for `charset' in the
HTML you've got.  I receive many such broken HTML emails.

The MIME part has this:

The HTML in the MIME part has *no* encoding declaration, e.g.:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

And if you search for `charset'?  For example,

I get 7 hits for 'meta.*charset', so the charset is specified that way
in only a tiny fraction of the HTML mail I receive.

--
J.