Re: [Nmh-workers] RFC 5322 group support

2013-12-04 09:56:41
         group           =   display-name "::" group-list ";" [CFWS]

This, and the other option you propose, end up being a little hard to
deal with in practice because it's all tied up in the address parser
routines.

Lastly, while more documentation seems like always a good thing, we do
need to be a little careful that the MH documentation doesn't just turn
into a copy of 5322 ... after all, what MH is supposed to permit is
anything that the e-mail standards permit (plus more, as it is being used
in an extended role).

I can understand that concern, but I don't think we're in danger of that
quite yet.  However ... I don't think it's reasonable in this day and
age to expect users to look at RFC-5322 as a reference to understand
how to compose email; those documents can be pretty tough for someone
who isn't actually implementing a protocol.  I think right now we have
a reasonable balance; the documentation tells users a reasonable level
of detail about the headers in email and their meaning, but we don't get
into the exact syntax of each header.  I think since this is where nmh
has special handling, it's reasonable to document it.