Re: [Nmh-workers] RFC 5322 group support

2013-12-03 09:51:06
ken wrote:
couldn't find it.  I will note that Dcc support is a relatively new
feature compared to group address removal, and is not universally loved
by the greybeards:

revision 1.2
date: 1989/05/03 16:25:05;  author: sources;  state: Exp;  lines: +4 -2
add "Dcc:" header line.  This is basically a blind distribution copy.
addresses listed on Dcc: lines are put in the envelope only!
I don't intend to document this since Bcc: is the socially appropriate
header to use for such copies.
/JLR

That's as far back as the files we have under revision control.  And just
for the record, my beard is starting to show a few streaks of grey :-)

I don't think there's any objection to documenting this behavior, is there?
I know, it's in the MH Book, but we should have a brief mention of this
in the base man pages.

yes, we certainly should.  bcc confused me for years, in that it
was different than the bcc feature i found in other mailers.  when
i finally found dcc, it started making sense.

paul