Re: [Nmh-workers] mts.conf that works with fastmail?

2013-12-08 16:00:18
Peter wrote:

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013, at 04:10 PM, David Levine wrote:

You would want this in your .mh_profile:

send: -server mail.messagingengine.com -port 587 -tls -sasl -user usernam
e@fastmail.fm

You'll want -server smtps-proxy.messagingengine.com instead.  With
that, you can use -port 80.

So I guess the goal is to put everything in .mh_profile, and leave
mts.conf alone. Is that right?

Right.

If so, I guess I should just restore the default mts.conf. In
particular, should I have mts set to smtp vs sendmail?

Yes, smtp.

I don't know why it's trying to connect to mailwash50.pair.com. I do
have a pair.com account, but I don't know where send is getting this
address instead of the server specified in .mh_profile.

You'll have to track that down first.  A server can only
come from mts.conf, your profile, or the send command line
at the whatnow prompt.

Also, is there a way to verify that I have all the suitable options
built in nmh? I recently uninstalled the MacPorts nmh and built it by
hand from the git repository without specifying any particular options.

You'll need to rebuild with SASL and TLS support.  Rather
than me look up how to do that :-), try rebuilding with
this, when in your nmh workspace:  docs/contrib/build_nmh -dv
and respond to the prompts.

I was starting to type another message:

This looks so familiar that I thought I'd try it.
And I expect it will look familiar to Ken now, too.

The send component in your profile will then need
include:

  send: -server smtps-proxy.messagingengine.com -port 80 -sasl -initialtls

If you also add a credentials component:

  credentials: file:.nmhcreds

Then add that .nmhcreds file to your Mail (MH Path) directory
with contents:

machine smtps-proxy.messagingengine.com
  login <FastMail username>
  password ********