Re: [Nmh-workers] mts.conf that works with fastmail?

2013-12-08 14:14:24
Peter wrote:

Does anyone have an mts.conf setup that works with Fastmail.fm?
Ideally, I'd like to use their proxy server,
smtps-proxy.messagingengine.com, since my employer blocks outgoing
smtp connections.

Are you using SSL and authentication?  If not, I expect
that you'll have to.  Your nmh must be built with SASL
support enabled, assuming you want to use just nmh to do
this.

If you're using nmh 1.5, add -sasl -port 80 and
-user <FastMail username> to your send invocation, either at
the whatnow prompt or in your ~/.mh_profile.  If you don't
want to enter your password every time you send, you can
set up a ~/.netrc file that looks something like:

machine smtps-proxy.messagingengine.com
  login <FastMail username>
  password ********

If you're using nmh from the git repo, you have more
flexibility.  See the credentials discussion in its
mh-profile(5) man page.

send -snoop will likely be helpful until you get things
worked out.

David