Re: [Nmh-workers] Conflict between "mime" command and attach

2013-12-10 18:46:29
What I like about attach is that it just does the right thing and I don't
have to know how it does it internally.  It would be really nice if the
same were true with other parts of the ui.  The nmh MIME support comes
across to me as a wart.  No offense intended, it's a really useful wart and
I use it every day.  But it's not really integrated into the ui in a pleasant
way.

That's an unfortunate truth, and one that is a constant problem.
For example, this is exactly the issue we're dealing with here; MIME
composition was kind of grafted on the MH UI.  It didn't help that
the original vision of MIME was that normal email was still 7-bit ASCII
and MIME email was a rarity.  The world has moved on since those days,
but MH didn't keep up.  But we're slowly improving.