Re: [Nmh-workers] message/rfc822 C-T and whatnow's attach?

2013-12-15 11:11:54
David Levine <levinedl@acm.org> writes:
Paul F. wrote:

how do i use whatnow's attach to attach a file, like a mail
message, with a specific Content-Type?  i.e., if i use this:
    Nmh-Attachment: /home/pgf/Mail/inbox/2902
i get a Content-Type of text/plain rather than message/rfc822

I've been thinking about this.  It's possible, though maybe
a bit tricky, to determine if the file is a message in the
user's MH folders.  If it is, should attach set the
Content-Type for the part to message/rfc822?

For that determination, one way might be based on the full
path to the file, which attach already finds.  We could
iterate over the directory portion of that path, starting
from the bottom and adding one level each time.  If
"mhpath +dir filename" succeeds and if the inodes of the
files match, then that file is an MH message.

I'm confused. Are you saying that a file not in the hierarchy starting at the
user's MH directory, cannot be a message file?

    Norman Shapiro