Re: [Nmh-workers] message/rfc822 C-T and whatnow's attach?

2013-12-22 15:03:38
David Levine writes:
Jon wrote:

David Levine writes:
Paul F. wrote:

how do i use whatnow's attach to attach a file, like a mail
message, with a specific Content-Type?  i.e., if i use this:
    Nmh-Attachment: /home/pgf/Mail/inbox/2902
i get a Content-Type of text/plain rather than message/rfc822

Oh!  Just looked at the file man page, and someone has added a --mime
option that does the right thing and recognizes messages in ascii text.

So I'd simply change the attach code to use file --mime

Done.  If "file --mime" or "file -i" are supported, nmh will
configure to use them for all files that are attach'ed via whatnow.

and maybe get rid of some of the stuff that I originally put
in there to create mime types from collected information.

Retained as a fallback when configure doesn't find one of the
above.  I wouldn't be surprised if we run into a platform with a
"file -i" that doesn't do what we want, so with a bit of effort
we could fall back to it there.  Though the fallback wouldn't be
automatic.

David

Cool.  Thanks.  BTW, would it make sense to have a -v option on "al"
at whatnow where -v would mean verbose and show the mime type, etc?
That way the hard core among us could check and fall back to mhbuild
if they didn't like the way that it looked.

Jon