Re: [Nmh-workers] message/rfc822 C-T and whatnow's attach?

2013-12-22 15:01:11
Jon wrote:

David Levine writes:
Paul F. wrote:

how do i use whatnow's attach to attach a file, like a mail
message, with a specific Content-Type?  i.e., if i use this:
    Nmh-Attachment: /home/pgf/Mail/inbox/2902
i get a Content-Type of text/plain rather than message/rfc822

Oh!  Just looked at the file man page, and someone has added a --mime
option that does the right thing and recognizes messages in ascii text.

So I'd simply change the attach code to use file --mime

Done.  If "file --mime" or "file -i" are supported, nmh will
configure to use them for all files that are attach'ed via whatnow.

and maybe get rid of some of the stuff that I originally put
in there to create mime types from collected information.

Retained as a fallback when configure doesn't find one of the
above.  I wouldn't be surprised if we run into a platform with a
"file -i" that doesn't do what we want, so with a bit of effort
we could fall back to it there.  Though the fallback wouldn't be
automatic.

David