Re: [Nmh-workers] About mhshow tuning and replies to MIME messages with a attachments

2014-02-03 08:02:12
Sigh.  It's unfortunate, but right now "mhshow" pretty much sucks.  My plan
is to make things much better for 1.6 (but it still won't be exactly where
I want).  Right now there is no good answer in 1.5 (or even in the git
tree).

Can you give an insight into targeted behavior for 1.6 and what is your
"ideal" behavior look like?

In general, what I would like for 1.6 is:

- Not to invoke the pager for each MIME part.
- Internal use of iconv to convert to the proper character set.
- Not attempt to display parts with a disposition of "attachment".

But also, I would like to add 'Content-Disposition: inline' field to the
first 'text' part of the message the way mutt it does for example, to
clearly specify that this part has to be shown in a context.

I've bad feeling that some nasty email clients will interpret text part
as an attachment.

In my limited experience they do not, but if you really want to set the
disposition you can do it with a mhbuild directive; the man page has more
details, but you'd probably want to put something like:

#<text/plain {inline}

in your message.