Re: [Nmh-workers] About mhshow tuning and replies to MIME messages with a attachments

2014-02-06 06:27:40
On 00:45 05-Feb 2014 Ken Hornstein wrote:
What's your desired solution for it? From user-perspective - new switch
to mhshow, like -noshowattach? And from developer's one - another
parameter to show_switch() to decide whether or not to display the
attachment?

I hadn't got down to the mechanics of it just yet; I'm open to ideas.

Actually, I also wonder - how this feature [do not show attachments]
will interact with not calling PAGER multiple times, for each MIME part.

Does the last one implies, that some kind of meta-message will be
constructed, and if someone send email with few text/x-diff's, for
example, user will see the message and the diff's with one shot of
mhshow?

If last one assumption is true, personally, I'd like to see attachments
instead of hiding them by default. Although, for binary ones, it can be
replaced with something useful, like:

[[ type: application/msword ]]
[[ size: 10 Mb              ]]

All of this is of course from user perspective, I didn't dive much into
the code to judge how hard it's to implement.