Re: [Nmh-workers] Should I learn nmh or GNU mailutils?

2014-02-13 13:57:50
On 2014-02-13 20:24, heymanj(_at_)bellsouth(_dot_)net wrote:

I've never had a reason to script anything - I might be the exception.
The only thing I've done is changed GUIs that I've used over the years.
I started with xmh (X Windows based client), moved to exmh (TCL based
client), to finally settling on Sylpheed.

It's curious that you mention Sylpheed merely as a GUI. I do have some experience with Sylpheed's fork, called Claws Mail. In fact, I have opted to use MH after having considered whether to use Claws Mail, which is nice and I like but does not allow me all the raw power that you can get with many small single-purpose tools that can be used in scripts. I knew already that Sylpheed/Claws Mail used the MH system, as they are sitting on top of it. But now I was bit suprised to hear that they are just a GUI, because I thought of them as much more than a GUI. Just out of curiosity: do Sylpheed/Claw Mail use the original MH programs as backend, or did they write their own implementation of MH?