Re: [Nmh-workers] Should I learn nmh or GNU mailutils?

2014-02-14 04:50:36
otahler(_at_)gmx(_dot_)ca wrote:
Thanks for the clarifications.
What about ease of use, especially from a newbie perspective?

Also, which scripting language would you suggest? Is there already a
repository for nhm scripts?

There's a good number of example scripts in Jerry Peek's MH book† though
that book dates from the 90s. There's no repository of nmh scripts,
perhaps there should be... or something like a wiki.

Scripting is most relevant if you use the command-line rather than a
GUI front-end. Of the scripts I've collected written by others, plain
Bourne shell seems to be popular. Most of what I have is zsh and I
would very much recommend it.

I've recently written scripts to create a temporary folder (using hard
links) based on notmuch search results. notmuch supports MH folders,
is very fast for searching and can identify threads but it's nothing
like as nice to use as nmh for most other mail operations.

Oliver

† http://rand-mh.sourceforge.net/book/