[Nmh-workers] Front-end census

2014-02-13 20:27:36
First of all, thanks to all of you guys on this mailing list. I am learning a lot.
I hope you will excuse my many questions.

I was happy to find out, from Ken's last email, that there is yet another front-end for nmh whose existence I did not know of: MH-V by Steve Rader. I have just downloaded it.

This new discovery raises the question: how many front-ends are there?

The ones I came across so far (though I have not ried them yet) are:
1) xmh (obsolete, I assume)
2) MH-E
3) exmh
4) MH-V

Any other?
Could you please give a brief assesment of each, based on your experience?
Which one would be the best bet for a newbie?
(I gather that most people nowadays use either MH-E or exmh.)

Please share your views. Every bit of info will help, as I also have to decide whether to (partially) use Claws Mail or to go nmh/mailutils all the way, with the help of a front-end.

Thanks

Otto