Re: [Nmh-workers] Front-end census

2014-02-14 09:18:57
On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 10:08:46AM -0500, Ken Hornstein wrote:
I really think you might want to consider mutt. It's not MH-specific (it
also supports maildir, mbox, IMAP and probably a few others), but it
certainly provides an excellent and highly customizable front-end for an MH
mail repository.

A word of caution: mutt has the same problem that Claws Mail has, in
that it does not lock the sequence file.

I'm not sure how this would be an issue, unless you had multiple processes
accessing the file at once, which is never the case for me. (I don't have any
cron jobs fetching email. I
simply fetch it when I want to read it.)

Also ... a glance at the
code suggests to me that it will wipe out any sequences that are not
"unseen", "flagged", or "replied".  Although it seems like what mutt
does is write the sequences to a temporary file and then rename()s it to
the sequence file, so I suspect there won't be any sequence corruption
(but it's vulnerable to losing sequence information).

I have not seen any issues with this, but again, this may be dependent on
individual usage.

-pd

--
----