Re: [Nmh-workers] A useless but interesting exercise: Design MH from scratch in the 2014 context

2014-02-19 19:42:40
I feel about that like I do about Paul's rearchitecturing of the nmh
library: I think that's a great idea, my only concern is who, exactly, is
going to write that code?  I don't have enough time on my plate to finish
the relatively straightforward things like RFC 2231 support; that's a huge
rearchitecturing.  I don't want to discourage anyone from tackling a tough
problem; please, if you've got the time, go for it!

Might one use mailutils as a starting point? Didn't it come up in a recent
discussion that it was effectively a MH library with interface utilities?
Not necessarily the same ones we're looking for, but the core is possibly a
better starting point than scratch if one has no moral objections to the GPL.
Purely speculation on my part...

Although it looks like they've got an incomplete project to rearchitect things
themselves http://mailutils.org/wiki/Mailutils-3 (The download server
actually has 2.99.98 from March 2013, vs. the 2011 date of the wiki,
and git shows recent activity by Sergey)