Re: [Nmh-workers] A useless but interesting exercise: Design MH from scratch in the 2014 context

2014-02-20 05:38:43
Hi Ken,

I dunno; to me, databases are fine for specialized things, but just
add a level of complexity that I don't necessarily think is useful.
Also, I'm not sure of the savings; maybe it's just me, but I rarely
get identical copies of the same message or attachment.

I think it's just you.  Those in non-computing offices send me lots of
emails, each with a moderately-sized image or two for the footer, quite
often in a poor choice of image format.  Then a long thread just tacks
on a few lines at the top and another attachment or two at the bottom,
leaving all the others present.

Sometimes I get all the attachments duplicated, ABCABC, sometimes
thrice.

Cheers, Ralph.