Re: [Nmh-workers] Pager output on mhshow

2014-03-07 14:01:49
ken wrote:
And I have to disagree with this :-) When I receive a message with
inlined images interspersed with the text, having the markers at the
image's anchor point helps make the context *much* clearer when I
display the images.

I'm with you on that ... however, I'm wondering when was the last time
you got text interspersed with images in a MIME message?  Every time
I've seen it in the last decade or so it's always a single text part in
the beginning and images at the end.

from non-mh users, attachments are almost always at the end.  but if
you do your own mhbuild processing, they can easily land in the
middle.  i recently realized i should probably be doing my recipients
a favor by putting them at the end, rather than before my .sig.

That said, I can understand the utility of doing it Oliver's way.
We should provide a switch and config preference to allow for both
behaviours.

I'm fine with that, but I'm wondering if making it configurable and
putting code to make a listing afterwards should be something post-1.6.

thinking about it, i think i might prefer the listing at the
top, so i know what i'm in for before i start reading.  ;-)
(but i'd have no problem with having inline-only annotations at
first.)

i do like the whole plan, though.  if it will more easily allow
me to skip, or delay, waiting for company "letterhead" logos to
appear across a remote link, i'm all for it.  [1]

paul
[1] for some reason xv, my usual image viewer, is absolutely abysmal
across a slow link.  but i haven't found a viewer i like better.