Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshow flag: -combined ?

2014-03-23 10:46:25
Some palwtry GNU excuse for a man page referring you to info(1).  :-) I
wouldn't expect them to know their Unix history.

Well, the man page I looked at was on MacOS X, which was derived from
the BSD man pages.  Also ... I don't think I've ever heard the word
"catenate" used in English.  If you had asked me, I would have said that
I didn't even think that WAS a word.

-concat makes sense to me.  -cat ... well, it doesn't make as much
sense to me.

I'd expect nmh users to be Unix users familiar with cat(1).  I'd expect
it to make sense to them for that alone?

It's just ... when I see -cat, I'd think that means "run the output
through cat(1)".  I think it's a minor issue, though.

On the question of whether the option should be named so the default is
the -no-less version, I don't think that matters.  More important is a
negative term isn't sought out to make that true so a double-negative
results when -no is prefixed.

I'm having a hard time parsing your and David's double-negatives here;
you're fine with -cat/-nocat (or -concat/-noconcat)?  Maybe I need more
coffee ...