Re: [Nmh-workers] warning when attaching rfc822 message

2014-04-13 19:55:54

On Apr 13, 2014, at 5:46 PM, David Levine <levinedl@acm.org> wrote:

But as always ... there's a wrinkle.  It looks like we always set a
CTE of 7bit for message/rfc822 parts.  But as I read it, that's not
correct if the message/rfc822 contains 8-bit characters; in that
case it should be 8bit (or perhaps binary, but we don't really
handle encoding anything in binary).  Do other people agree with my
reading of RFC 2046?  If so, that change should be simple.

I'd say go for it if it's simple.  It certainly seems like
an improvement.

Either you upgrade the top-level encoding, or you downgrade the encoding of the
encapsulated message/rfc822.  But something is nagging me that says the
message/rfc822 cannot be binary, regardless.  I will have to slog my way
through the relevant RFCs again to satisfy my doubts.

--lyndon