Re: [Nmh-workers] Conflict between "mime" command and attach

2014-04-14 11:33:43
There used to be some leakage; for example, the old attach
implementation would parse the Nmh-Attachment headers and then create
mhbuild directives.  I am not sure there is any leakage now.  But
I am not in love with the idea of changing the leading character,
because that opens the box for "how should we do MIME composition,
anyway?"  Which is not going to be easy.  As a

i guess i'm not sure how letting a user change the prefix character on
the existing mechanism would make that worse.

I understand your point ... it's just that it seems like a Band-Aid™ on
a much larger problem, and I'd rather solve the much larger problem.  But
then again, I wrote replyfilter which is also a Band-Aid™ on a much
larger problem.  I don't have a good answer, unfortunately; the idea
of changing that leaves me unsettled, but I recognize that's not really
a rational argument.  What do others think?