Re: [Nmh-workers] First release candidate of nmh 1.6 now available

2014-04-15 15:08:49
I have mixed feelings about this; I think /bin/bash is wrong, but I thought
that /bin/sh should actually work everywhere.
It depends on the script. If it needs bash, then it should be specified as
bash since bash will operate with a simpler feature set if invoked as sh.

I know perl is all over the place, but I thought /usr/bin/perl was pretty
standard.  What do others think?
/usr/bin/perl is the de facto location. I have no problem with an env wrapper,
but I cannot guarantee that I'll bother to keep in mind for any future updates
of my script :-P

P.S. Although env is noted as a portability measure for scripts,
it's worth noting that it is reliant upon a properly configured PATH.