Re: [Nmh-workers] refile's -retainsequences switch

2014-04-18 15:53:30
    The -retainsequences switch causes the memberships in sequences, except
    "cur", of the refiled messages to be carried over to each destination
    folder.

I am truly sorry, to be so dense, but I can't decipher that sentence. In this
context, I don't know what is meant by "membership" (I think as the members of
sequences as messages) or by "carried over". Would some nice person help me.

Perhaps an example would be better:

        +inbox, message 35

        sequences: foo, bar, blah

 % refile +inbox 35 +newfolder

Refiled message is:

        +newfolder, message 42

        sequences: foo, bar, blah

Philosophical question: are sequences an attribute of a message, or are
messages attributes of a sequence?