Re: [Nmh-workers] Second release candidate for nmh 1.6 now available

2014-05-05 21:28:01
Yeah, exactly what I was going to say ... I think we're all in agreement
that a) everyone who wants to find the local charset should only be
calling get_charset(), or somebody who ends up calling get_charset(), and
b) get_charset() should be the only caller of norm_charmap().  Right?

That would be fine, but thinking about this some more:

It was never intended as a general MIME character set
canonicalization routine.

I'm not sure about that.  Anyway, the intent at this point
doesn't matter.  It hasn't ended up being general enough.
I looked at the current version, and it's not significantly
different from what we have.

Note to self: document all of this.

How about moving the declaration from prototypes.h to
check_charset.c?  That'll remove the temptation to try to
use it.

David