Re: [Nmh-workers] More fun with charset functions

2014-05-11 14:14:02
Isn't that just punting the problem downstream, forcing others to
investigate unknown-8bit, probably with suspicion; "Is it trying to
trigger some flaw?"?  Better to plug foulness at the source and refuse
to produce it IMO.  I can't see why it's a valid thing to attempt in
the modern day.

I'm with Ralph on this.  After two decades of MIME, it is inexcusable to
get this wrong.

I can understand this thinking (although it seems like we would be the only
MUA who actually does that), but architecturally it's a little hard now,
since write_charset_8bit() currently is always expected to return something
valid.  We could call adios() from inside of that, but doing that seems
wrong to me as well.