Re: [Nmh-workers] What are and what should be the qualifications for a current nmh user

2014-05-12 11:38:31
Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:
My goal, at least for 1.6, was to have the out-of-the-box behavior
for mhshow to be useful.  That it, it should display text parts (at
least plain and hopefully HTML, if you have the right helper programs
installed).

Can you tell me those programs are, and how I can install them?

For plain text, the right stuff should just happen ASSUMING you have
iconv installed and nmh was linked against it.  If you're curious, run
"mhparam iconv", if it returns "iconv", then you shouldn't need anything
else there.

It did return iconv.

For HTML, nmh should look at installation time for one of the following
three programs (in order): w3m, lynx, elinks.

lynx was installed but neither w3m nor elinks was installed, so I installed
them.

If they are installed and
available, sensible default should be placed in mhn.defaults to make sure
the right things are happening.

I have attached nmh/etc/mhn.defaults .

    Norman Shapiro