Re: [Nmh-workers] More fun with charset functions

2014-05-12 14:09:14
isn't it the case that any error we generate will have to result in
failure? adios() is a harsh form of failure, but it will get the job
done.

Sure, but we can't guarantee proper cleanup if that happens inside of
write_charset_8bit() (Robert already acknowledges this is an issue).
And we haven't discussed this too much, but I'd like to avoid calling
adios() from library functions; yes, we do that tons, but it doesn't mean
we have to make it worse.