Re: [Nmh-workers] 2 little issues

2014-05-13 22:29:52
On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 10:16 PM, Ken Hornstein wrote:

I am unclear as to the right solution.  Obviously adjusting the MIME
parsing routines is wrong.  Making sure that the last character of
text/plain parts on output contains a newline might be better, but I'm
not sure that's technically right either.

Pagers like 'less' do this.  If the file being viewed does not end in a LF,
'less' will add a break so the 'less' status line is still rendered at the
bottom of the terminal window on its own line.

Vim does something similar, but will have "[noeol]" in the status line to
indicate the the source file does not have a EOL sequence at the end.

Since adding a LF would only be done whe rendering the content, and it is
not modifying the original data, I see no problem.

--ewh