Re: [Nmh-workers] Resolution of getline() portability issues

2014-05-16 11:53:47
Ken wrote:

On that note ... what do people think of bringing that code from master
to the 1.6 branch?  Outputting NULs as 7bit seems like a bug to me, but
I wonder how common that is; I'm on the fence about bringing over to 1.6.

The code has been that way for decades.  I wouldn't be in a
rush to release changes there to the world.  I know that
other changes are necessary on the input side, such as
changing m_getfld() to use an out-of-band EOF indication.
Some day . . .

David