Re: [Nmh-workers] Resolution of getline() portability issues

2014-05-16 15:20:19
ken wrote:
Guys, remind me .... I know Paul committed the code to switch from fgets
to getline(), but it doesn't seem like any of the code for a getline
replacement was introduced.  Is that correct?

On that note ... what do people think of bringing that code from master
to the 1.6 branch?  Outputting NULs as 7bit seems like a bug to me, but
I wonder how common that is; I'm on the fence about bringing over to 1.6.

the bugs are worse than that -- the input is read incorrectly, since the buffer
returned by fgets() has embedded nulls that terminate it prematurely.

but i'm with david -- i think it can soak until 1.7.

btw, i didn't claim my fgets() cleanup was complete.  for example,
mhbuild still uses it when parsing the draft, for instance.  that
involves cleaning up callers of fgetstr(), which seemed like a big and
error-prone job.  (that's from memory.)

paul