[Nmh-workers] 1.3 -> 1.5: rpm

2014-05-18 05:06:50

One of the reasons I’ve been reluctant to upgrade was that I
prefer to install software using rpms (on RHEL 6), and I haven’t
found a repository for SL or CentOS that includes nmh, so I have
to make my own RPM.  1.5 includes a spec file that, with one
wrinkle built an rpm, which is good!

The wrinkle is that the documentation in the spec file says:

# 1) Start from an nmh workspace, run configure as desired and then "make rpm".
#    For example:
#      $ git clone git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/nmh.git
#      $ cd nmh
#      $ ./autogen.sh
#      $ ./configure --with-cyrus-sasl --with-locking=fcntl  &&  make rpm

but I started with the tar bundle rather than git, and that
bundle doesn’t contain anything called autogen.sh. Skipping that
and just doing the last line made me an rpm that appears to
work, so this just looks like a documentation problem.

--
Jón Fairbairn
Jon(_dot_)Fairbairn(_at_)cl(_dot_)cam(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk