Re: [Nmh-workers] Message with repeated content

2014-06-05 11:02:34
norm(_at_)dad(_dot_)org wrote:
Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

The simplest way might be to invoke mhshow with an alternate profile
(using the MHSHOW environment variable) that does not include a text/html
content type handler; that would make it fall back to the text/plain part.
That would require you to know beforehand that it's a multipart/alternative
so thats not wonderful.

As I read the mhshow man page, that variable designates a file which is
additive to, not alternative to ~/.mh_profile. Indeed,

     MHSHOW=/dev/null mhshow

seems to be the same as mhshow. So if there is a text/html
content type handler in ~/.mh_profile, I would have to somehow cancel it.
How would I do that?

create a file containing an empty entry for the content-type you
want to cancel.  e.g.:

    echo "mhshow-show-text/html:" > /tmp/mhn.block_html
    MHSHOW=/tmp/mhn.block_html mhshow -type text/plain "$@"

paul