Re: [Nmh-workers] Message with repeated content

2014-06-07 05:44:33
Hi Ken,

Paul wrote:
the fact that the $MHSHOW/$MHBUILD etc variables come in between
makes no sense -- one would usually view an environment variable as
a high-priority override, but not in this case.

I think some of this might be simple oversight.

Could it be more that .mh_profile has to be read to have a clue what to
do in some cases.  All entries are stored even if only some are needed.
Then, by the time the optional environment variable file is read,
.mh_profile has already been seen in its entirety.

I agree envvar, .mh_profile, then system seems more logical.  Not that
it need be implemented by reading the files in that order.  .mh_profile
could still be read first, but then envvar allowed to replace existing
components for the first time they occur in envvar.  Not 1.6, as you
say.

Cheers, Ralph.