Re: [Nmh-workers] Message with repeated content

2014-06-05 12:31:41
ken wrote:
As I read the mhshow man page, that variable designates a file which is
additive to, not alternative to ~/.mh_profile. Indeed,

   MHSHOW=/dev/null mhshow

seems to be the same as mhshow. So if there is a text/html
content type handler in ~/.mh_profile, I would have to somehow cancel it.
How would I do that?

I had to experiment a little bit for this; it turns out a profile entry in
specified in MHSHOW overrides things in mhn.defaults, but NOT things in
your .mh_profile.  Which seems counter-intuitive to me, but whatever.

i added this paragraph to mh-profile.man a while ago to try and clear
this up, but i see that i didn't mention the ordering issue, which i
agree is unexpected.  this paragraph is cumbersome -- perhaps someone
can help simplify it?  (there are pointers to this section in all the
relevant mhbuild/mhshow/mhstore man pages as well.)

   Profile Lookup
       Some  nmh  programs  will look in more than just the user's .mh_profile
       for profile entries.  In particular, mhbuild, mhshow, mhstore, and  mhn
       will  also  all look in a file specified by a program-specific environ‐
       ment variable (see below), and after that in the system-installed  pro‐
       file  (/usr/local/nmh.git/etc/mhn.defaults).   (The mhfixmsg program is
       similar, but doesn't consult an environment variable.)  The first match
       found  for  a particular component will be used, allowing user-supplied
       entries to override those that are system-supplied.  A  profile  compo‐
       nent  with a blank value field will "hide" any later occurrences of the
       component, and will make the entry appear to be absent.

paul

Paul's got the right answer; a blank entry of the form:

mhshow-show-text/html:

will do the trick, ASSUMING you don't have anything in your .mh_profile.