Re: [Nmh-workers] Final poll: anything pending for 1.6-release?

2014-06-15 22:20:35
Ken wrote:

This makes the tests not run on MacOS X, because "locale -a" shows the
locale listings with UTF-8, not utf8 There seems to be no uniformity
here in the mechanics of how locale(1) works; see the differing output
between different operating systems for "locale LC_CTYPE".

Sigh.

I think the only true solution here is to create a test program.

I noticed that the return value of setlocale() isn't checked
by nmh programs.  Should it be?  I think so.  It would be
easy to do because they all call it from one place, in
sbr/utils.c.

I got there by wondering if we could use mhparam as the test
program.

David