Re: [Nmh-workers] Final poll: anything pending for 1.6-release?

2014-06-16 22:31:59
glibc setlocale() uses those environment variables, but not LANGUAGE.
So, "LANGUAGE=foo perl -e 42" doesn't trigger the warning on my Linux
box.  But it's in the warning message when it does get triggered, like
yours above.

Just for the record ... part of me feels like this makes sense.  Part
of me is channelling my inner Eric Gillespie and saying, "Why doesn't
nmh just shut up and deal with it?".  I think the difference here
is this is a system-wide configuration, and not a problem with an
individual message, so a message warning about a system misconfiguration
is reasonable.  But I'm still not completely happy about it (but I have
no better suggestion).

(I thought everyone pretty much had those set to something reasonable
on modern systems, but as we've seen that's not always the case).