Re: [Nmh-workers] error: mhshow: unable to convert character set

2014-06-21 00:35:56
Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

pretty bogus is nmh simply aborting; I think this is another data
point that says for every character set conversion we need to put in
substitution characters; aborting is simply not reasonable.  If people
disagree, let's hear the reasons (the character set conversion in nmh
is pretty scattershot; it all needs to be incorporated into a library
routine so the handling is uniform).  Thoughts from others?

Yes, please :)

I tried this message in MH-E and mutt.  Both actually tried to
render it, which surprised me.  MH-E didn't do too badly, but
mutt actually corrupted the terminal!

MH-E showed me this garbage: