Re: [Nmh-workers] error: mhshow: unable to convert character set

2014-06-21 07:50:37
So the correct line should have been:

You wrote 17 июня 2014 г.

Does that look right?

Yes, it mean "17 June 2014 y." in Russian.

Somewhere along the way those characters were mangled by sender's
MUA (Mozilla, it looks like) and the UTF-8 bytes were marked as
windows-1252, leading to the current mess (it looks like none of those
characters exist in windows-1252).  So, that was pretty bogus.  Also
pretty bogus is nmh simply aborting; I think this is another data
point that says for every character set conversion we need to put in
substitution characters; aborting is simply not reasonable.

Thank you for investigation.