Re: [Nmh-workers] modernizing smtp message submission

2014-07-09 18:39:21
Sigh.  I went around and around on this when I implemented it.  The
reality is a) there are some ISPs (not just AT&T) that it's the ONLY
thing they implement,

Is it definitely the only thing AT&T support?  Has David opened a ticket
with them asking why they can't also support the new allocation?  ;-)

If it was just AT&T, I'd lay the blame at their feet.  But it's not.
Here's another nmh user who had the same issue (even weirder, their
SMTP server only accepted TLS ... on port 80):

   http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2013-12/msg00077.html

If this was a theoretical, "Should we add this code or not?", well,
maybe it's worth having that discussion.  But the code is already there
(and it's actually pretty small), people are using it, and I don't
think it makes sense to remove it.