Re: [Nmh-workers] MIME part label in show

2014-07-25 11:22:44
Ken Hornstein wrote:
What produces these? Can they be suppressed?

Like Paul said, they've always been there (they're produced by mhshow,
actually, and show will invoke mhshow as needed).

If you look at mhshow(1), you'll see this is related to the %l display
string escape for mhshow-show-<type>/<subtype> profile entries.

It also states:
   If a display string is not found, mhshow behaves as if these profile
   entries were supplied and supported:
                    mhshow-show-text/plain: %lmoreproc %F
                    mhshow-show-message/rfc822: %lshow -file %F

Pre-1.6, that used %p indicating a pause for confirmation.

Is moreproc there really correct? Isn't it now essentially just cat with
the moreproc being applied later for all parts together? And is show's
use of moreproc also being suppressed?

Also, I can't seem to be able to configure this by specifying the
profile entry explicitly: cat is saying "file not found".

I've also noticed that for messages that consist of just a single
text/plain part, it is inconsistent on whether I get a part label. Most
messages on this list are examples with no part label. I found an
example that does produce a part label and it is quoted-printable
encoded so perhaps that is making a difference. base64 and alternate
charsets may also have the same effect. I've used mime -check on this
message to try to enduce the effect.

Oliver