Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh internals: full MIME integration

2014-07-26 08:19:43
Ralph wrote:

Whilst looking at pick's source, I found MHPDEBUG;  I don't think it's
documented but could be useful for those learning pick?  Perhaps it
should be -debug instead?

It's documented, very briefly, in the mh-profile(5) man page
along with a couple of other debug environment variables
that have survived.  I could see changing pick's to -debug,
as long as no other programs would ever call pcompile() or
pmatches() (none currently do).  But not the other two:  mhl
doesn't read the profile directly, so it could get confused
by another program that has -debug, and MHWDEBUG is in the
sbr library, not a program.

I agree with your comments about lazy evaluation.

David