Re: [Nmh-workers] Thoughts: header/address parsing

2014-08-04 17:23:42

On Aug 4, 2014, at 8:34 AM, norm(_at_)dad(_dot_)org wrote:

One example: Get the effective content part of an 'X-Spam-Status" header. (By
"effective" I mean after unraveling line continuations etc) as part of script
that classifies Email. Yes, I know, I could workaround, here, by assuming that
this header and its content almost always, probably always, has a canonical
form, and that the mis-classifications because of the very occasional
occurrence of this canonical form, elsewhere in a file, will not do much harm.

So how would the output from this look?  Presumably you would have to tag the
structured content in a way that would make it easy for the consumers to pick
off the bits they are interested in.  How would you handle multi-valued field
content (e.g. multiple recipients in To:)?  Multiple headers (e.g. Received)?

--lyndon