Re: [Nmh-workers] Thoughts: header/address parsing

2014-08-02 22:36:07
Ken wrote:

- but I think just taking the RFC 5322 ABNF and translating
  it into a bison grammar shouldn't be too bad.

That alone is worth the effort, I think.

- Parsing a MIME header/param list.  Right now the parser for this
  is awful; and I say that as someone who had to add support for
  parsing out the RFC 2231 parameter extensions.  I'm not so crazy
  about blowing all of that work up, but you know what?  I think it
  would just be easier in the long run to deal with it if it was
  based on bison.

That one (MIME parser) will take a _lot_ of work.

David