Re: [Nmh-workers] I need to learn more about MIME

2014-09-12 14:06:46
Ken wrote:

[Norm:]
Is it true that, that possibly apart from mhbuild, the nmh user does
not have explicit control of the content type of a message?

Well, that's a pretty big exception; with mhbuild you can literally
create any MIME message you can imagine.

attach users can change the content type (and anything else) by
editing the message after running mime, which runs mhbuild
(buildmimeproc, really) at the What now?  prompt.  So it's not
necessary to play with mhbuild directives.

Is there any documentation of that heuristic, maybe in source code
comments?

In addition to what Ken said, it is documented in the send(1) man page.

I suspect you're running afowl of the 'linespace' test.

Yeah, I do that a lot because body:component="> " turns a blank
line in replied text into one with a trailing space.

David