Re: [Nmh-workers] Feature requests (or explanation of how to do 'em if already there)

2014-10-25 11:13:49
Assuming Jon's addresses are
jon-(_dot_)(_dot_)(_dot_)(_at_)hisdomain(_dot_)com then he might find
%(amatch) useful to match the start of the address for `jon-' and
%(host) to check just the domain part.  Best I can think of in lieu of a
%(globmatch) or %(rematch).  :-)  Might he also need %(decode)?  I
suspect that header can be MIME-encoded.

If it was using RFC 2047 encoding, it's fine if it's not decoded.  The
encoded token will still be valid.

I have lots of nmh wrapper scripts.  I wonder if sometimes it would be
easier to have nmh do the initial hard work, parsing, expanding message
sequences, etc., then optionally call a program of my choice with a
well-defined, ideal for parsing, summary of what's been worked out,
allowing the program to filter it, and nmh then uses that filtered
output from there on.

That's kind of what I was proposing earlier.