Re: [Nmh-workers] Feature requests (or explanation of how to do 'em if already there)

2014-10-26 12:01:30
Ken wrote:

You know, it occurs to me that you actually MIGHT want to return the
entire address.  If you had things like this in Alternate-Mailboxes:

Alternate-Mailboxes: Yahoo Tech Support <support@yahoo.com>, Google Tech
      Support <support@google.com>, Microsoft Tech Support
      <support@microsoft.com>

You could simply set the value of the From: header to the complete thing
and that would be a lot simpler.

I wouldn't say a lot simpler.  This does what I want:

%<(nonnull(getmymbox{to}))From: %(myname) <%(getmymbox{to})>\
%?(nonnull(getmymbox{cc}))From: %(myname) <%(getmymbox{cc})>\
%|From: %(myname) <%(localmbox)>%>

If you want to run it through %(addr), of course you have that
option, but that's one-way.

If you mean in a user's format, I don't see a good way.  That's
what I meant by the format engine won't return an addr, and
%(addr) takes an addr.  Am I missing something?

And it might be useful if Jon gave us some feedback on what he
thinks might work for him :-)

Yes, but the approach I mentioned gives the most flexibility, I
think.  The user can put their personal name in their From: line
as they do now.  On the other hand, if %(getmybox) included it,
then it could be something that the user doesn't want, including
null.

David